Omelette with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Pancetta, and Spinach
Start your mornings with a healthy omelette that’s full of zest.
1/2 cup, grated
Black Diamond? Old White Cheddar
Lactantia? Unsalted Butter
10, cut in two
1/4” thick slice cut
into cubes Pancetta
- Preheat the oven to broiler.
- In a medium sized non-stick pan, melt 1 Tbsp of Lactantia??Unsalted Butter on medium high heat.
- Add in pancetta and sautée until browned. Once browned add in the tomatoes, thyme, and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan that is safe to go in the oven, melt 1 Tbsp of?Lactantia??Unsalted Butter on medium heat.
- Beat the eggs together, and place in the pan.
- Using a spatula, move some liquid egg in towards the centre, while lifting and leaning the pan, letting remaining egg go into the empty spaces. Continue doing this until the egg has set.
- Take the pan off the heat, add in the tomato mixture to one half of the omelette, saving two cherry tomatoes for the garnish.
- Cover the tomatoes with shredded Black Diamond? Old White Cheddar, and place the pan under the broiler. Keep an eye on the egg as it will only need a minute or so. This will set the uncooked side of the omelette and melt the cheese.
- Fold the omelette in half and slide onto the plate.
- Garnish with 1 tsp of shredded Black Diamond? Old White Cheddar, a sprinkle of fresh thyme and the remaining cooked tomatoes.